Rental service representatives in water transport equipment are in charge of renting out equipment and determining specific periods of usage. They document transactions, insurances and payments.
The following job titles also refer to rental service representative in water transport equipment:
rental service supervisor in water transport equipment
rental service desk supervisor in water transport equipment
rental sales team leader in water transport equipment
rental sales desk supervisor in water transport equipment
rental service team leader in water transport equipment
rental service assistant in water transport equipment
rental sales desk clerk in water transport equipment
rental sales manager in water transport equipment
rental sales assistant in water transport equipment
rental service manager in water transport equipment
rental advisor in water transport equipment
rental service desk clerk in water transport equipment
rental sales worker in water transport equipment
rental service worker in water transport equipment
rental service desk agent in water transport equipment
rental sales desk agent in water transport equipment
rental sales supervisor in water transport equipment
rental specialist in water transport equipment
A high school diploma is generally required to work as rental service representative in water transport equipment.
ISCO skill level
ISCO skill level is defined as a function of the complexity and range of tasks and duties to be performed in an occupation. It is measured on a scale from 1 to 4, with 1 the lowest level and 4 the highest, by considering:
- the nature of the work performed in an occupation in relation to the characteristic tasks and duties
- the level of formal education required for competent performance of the tasks and duties involved and
- the amount of informal on-the-job training and/or previous experience in a related occupation required for competent performance of these tasks and duties.
Rental service representative in water transport equipment is a Skill level 2 occupation.
Rental service representative in water transport equipment career path
These occupations, although different, require a lot of knowledge and skills similar to rental service representative in water transport equipment.
rental service representative in air transport equipment
rental service representative in cars and light motor vehicles
rental service representative in machinery, equipment and tangible goods
rental service representative in personal and household goods
rental service representative in recreational and sports goods
Long term prospects
These occupations require some skills and knowledge of rental service representative in water transport equipment. They also require other skills and knowledge, but at a higher ISCO skill level, meaning these occupations are accessible from a position of rental service representative in water transport equipment with a significant experience and/or extensive training.
wholesale merchant in machinery, industrial equipment, ships and aircraft
ICT help desk agent
department store manager
import export specialist in machinery, industrial equipment, ships and aircraft
performance rental technician
Essential knowledge and skills
This knowledge should be acquired through learning to fulfill the role of rental service representative in water transport equipment.
- Types of aircraft: The various types of aircraft, their functionalities, properties and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Types of maritime vessels: Know a large variety of maritime vessels and their characteristics and specifications. Use that knowledge to ensure that all security, technical, and maintenance measures are taken into account in their supply.
- Machinery products: The offered machinery products their functionalities, properties and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Financial capability: Financial operations such as calculations, cost estimations, budget management taking relevant commercial and statistical data into account such as data for materials, supplies and manpower.
- Industrial tools: The tools and equipment used for industrial purposes, both power and hand tools, and their various uses.
- Product comprehension: The offered products, their functionalities, properties and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Company policies: The set of rules that govern the activity of a company.
Essential skills and competences
These skills are necessary for the role of rental service representative in water transport equipment.
- Guarantee customer satisfaction: Handle customer expectations in a professional manner, anticipating and addressing their needs and desires. Provide flexible customer service to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Perform multiple tasks at the same time: Execute multiple tasks at the same time, being aware of key priorities.
- Communicate with customers: Respond to and communicate with customers in the most efficient and appropriate manner to enable them to access the desired products or services, or any other help they may require.
- Apply numeracy skills: Practise reasoning and apply simple or complex numerical concepts and calculations.
- Assist customers: Provide support and advice to customers in making purchasing decisions by finding out their needs, selecting suitable service and products for them and politely answering questions about products and services.
- Identify customer’s needs: Use appropriate questions and active listening in order to identify customer expectations, desires and requirements according to product and services.
- Handle rental overdues: Identifying rental delays of return and applying the appropriate measures such as additional payment and adjust availability of rentable items.
- Record customers’ personal data: Gather and record customers’ personal data into the system; obtain all signatures and documents required for rental.
- Process payments: Accept payments such as cash, credit cards and debit cards. Handle reimbursement in case of returns or administer vouchers and marketing instruments such as bonus cards or membership cards. Pay attention to safety and the protection of personal data.
- Achieve sales targets: Reach set sales goals, measured in revenue or sold units. Reach the target within a specific timeframe, prioritise sold products and services accordingly and plan in advance.
- Maintain inventory of rented items: Compose and keep up-to-date inventory of all the multimedia items rented to customers.
- Manage claims process: Manage the relation with an insurer related to its obligation to receive, investigate and act on a claim filed by an insured.
- Have computer literacy: Utilise computers, IT equipment and modern day technology in an efficient way.
- Provide customers with price information: Provide customers with accurate and up-to-date information about charges and price rates.
- Provide customer follow-up services: Register, follow-up, solve and respond to customer requests, complaints and after-sales services.
- Review completed contracts: Review content and check accuracy of completed contracts.
- Process data: Enter information into a data storage and data retrieval system via processes such as scanning, manual keying or electronic data transfer in order to process large amounts of data.
- Work independently in rental services: Perform tasks such as communicating with customers, answering the telephone, renting out products, resolving technical issues without the guidance or support of others, taking decisions autonomously and assuming responsibility for them.
- Handle financial transactions: Administer currencies, financial exchange activities, deposits as well as company and voucher payments. Prepare and manage guest accounts and take payments by cash, credit card and debit card.
ISCO group and title
5249 – Sales workers not elsewhere classified