Bingo callers organise and run games of bingo in a bingo hall, social club or other entertainment facility. Main stage callers have knowledge of all relevant legislation governing the bingo operation and club rules regarding the playing of all variations of bingo.
Bingo callers typically do the following:
- Checking bingo and sound equipment is working
- Welcoming customers as they take their seats
- Organising games and explaining the rules
- Calling out numbers generated by a computer or bingo cage machine
- Interacting with customers during bingo sessions
- Checking and confirming winning numbers
- Handing out prizes
- Promoting future events to customers
- Taking part in marketing activities for the venue or company
The following job titles also refer to bingo caller:
bingo main stage caller
main stage caller
bingo main caller
No formal educational credential is generally required to work as bingo caller. However, this requirement may differ in some countries.
ISCO skill level
ISCO skill level is defined as a function of the complexity and range of tasks and duties to be performed in an occupation. It is measured on a scale from 1 to 4, with 1 the lowest level and 4 the highest, by considering:
- the nature of the work performed in an occupation in relation to the characteristic tasks and duties
- the level of formal education required for competent performance of the tasks and duties involved and
- the amount of informal on-the-job training and/or previous experience in a related occupation required for competent performance of these tasks and duties.
Bingo caller is a Skill level 2 occupation.
Bingo caller career path
These occupations, although different, require a lot of knowledge and skills similar to bingo caller.
Long term prospects
These occupations require some skills and knowledge of bingo caller. They also require other skills and knowledge, but at a higher ISCO skill level, meaning these occupations are accessible from a position of bingo caller with a significant experience and/or extensive training.
Essential knowledge and skills
This knowledge should be acquired through learning to fulfill the role of bingo caller.
- Vocal techniques: The various techniques for using your voice correctly without exhausting or damaging it when changing voice in tone and volume.
- Games rules: Set of principles and rules that govern a game
Essential skills and competences
These skills are necessary for the role of bingo caller.
- Communicate house rules: Inform about the applicable rules and guidelines in force such as betting ceilings.
- Follow ethical code of conduct of gambling: Follow the rules and ethical code used in gambling, betting and lottery. Keep the entertainment of players in mind.
- Take care of personal appearance: Project the correct professional image by ensuring personal appearance is always of the highest standard. Select proper outfit and overall image and outlook; make daily efforts to build a good impression.
- Maintain customer service: Keep the highest possible customer service and make sure that the customer service is at all times performed in a professional way. Help customers or participants feel at ease and support special requirements.
- Show good manners with players: Be polite and show good manners towards players, by-standers and other audience.
- Explain bingo rules: Make the bingo rules clear before the game to the audience.
- Maximise sales revenues: Increase possible sales volumes and avoid losses through cross-selling, upselling or promotion of additional services.
- Train employees: Lead and guide employees through a process in which they are taught the necessary skills for the perspective job. Organise activities aimed at introducing the work and systems or improving the performance of individuals and groups in organisational settings.
- Announce bingo numbers: Call out the bingo numbers during the game to the audience in a clear and understandable manner.
Optional knowledge and skills
This knowledge is sometimes, but not always, required for the role of bingo caller. However, mastering this knowledge allows you to have more opportunities for career development.
- Bingo terminology: The terms used in bingo, such as the rhyming nicknames often used to call bingo numbers.
- Company policies: The set of rules that govern the activity of a company.
Optional skills and competences
These skills and competences are sometimes, but not always, required for the role of bingo caller. However, mastering these skills and competences allows you to have more opportunities for career development.
- Display betting information: Answer betting queries and put betting information on display.
- Remove cheating players: Detect and expel suspected cheating players
- Keep task records: Organise and classify records of prepared reports and correspondence related to the performed work and progress records of tasks.
- Apply knowledge of human behaviour: Practice principles related to group behaviour, trends in society, and influence of societal dynamics.
- Interact with an audience: Convey the artistic values of the art form(s). Respond to the reactions of your audience and involve them.
- Handle game complaints: Resolve complaints regarding gaming operations.
ISCO group and title
4212 – Bookmakers, croupiers and related gaming workers
- Bingo caller – ESCO
- Bingo caller – career guide and latest jobs – Sort
- Featured image: Photo by Tatiana Аzatskaya